This fast paced front-line position will get you directly in on the action where you can make a difference to the bottom line. This role will give you practical real-life experience where you can develop the commercial mindset and relationship building competencies that you will carry throughout your Shell career. If you like working with entrepreneurial minded individuals and businesses, are highly motivated, thrive on exceeding results and most of all, hate to lose, this role may be for you.
Where You Fit In –
We need a team of strong performers to outpace the competition. Our team delivers fuel sales and profitability that help Retail and Downstream deliver best in class IPU performance. Join our dynamic Retail – Indirect Channel team. We are a fast paced, growth oriented, customer focused, high performing team. We strive on delivering value for the enterprise and our business partners. On our close knit team we have each other’s back and we work collaboratively to achieve results. The business is dynamic and very competitive. Our dealers are from all walks of life and come with all levels of experience. You will learn to work with differing styles and personalities. Your team will always be there to help you along the way.
What’s the role –
The Manitoba based Indirect Territory Manager (TM) delivers Sales & Operations targets for a large geographical territory (40 – 50 accounts). Success is achieved by working directly with dealers and partners and by utilizing the support from other teams (Ops Support, Marketing, Network, Trading and Supply) to deliver these targets. The Indirect Territory Manager (TM) monitors the Dealer site by site performance, provides counselling to underperforming sites, ensures that Dealers / Wholesalers implement the Retail Customer Value Proposition, and ensures compliance with the site operations/HSSE standards/Brand standards. The TM maintains positive Dealer relationships, coaches them on sound business practices and helps them achieve their business and personal development targets. The TM actively solicits new profitable accounts and is responsible for volume growth on the Territory. The TM also accountable for the P&L (C4), Volume, Margin and Customer Metrics targets set for the Territory.
Skills & Requirements
What We Need From You –
This role is customer facing and as such most of the time is spent visiting Dealer locations. Overnight travel will be required (post Covid). High mobility and a valid class 5 driver’s license are a must.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree is an advantage
- At least five (5) years work experience.
- Proven experience in negotiations, influencing capabilities and solid relationship skills would be an asset.
- Demonstrable competencies in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships and delivering the retail customer commitment are required.
- You are experienced at developing and maintaining a strong HSSE culture.
- You will be able to identify gaps in competencies and coach, support and advise with the aid of appropriate tools.
- You require the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and multiple parallel activities. You have the ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- You have a strong past performance and track record for delivery.
- You are creative and think out of the box.
- You have an ability to deal with pressure, stress and change.
- Demonstration of Shell core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for people). You use a Learner Mindset and are willing to grow your personal competencies in Maximizing Performance, Living Values and Goal Zero, Grow Trust in Shell, and Engage & Inspire.
- You should be a strong results oriented team member with excellent communications skills and a strong desire to compete and win.
- You are a self-starter and a team-player with strong collaboration and relationship skills.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible